Saturday, June 22, 2013

BISB 100 Word Challenge Rishikesh

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

I found myself on a strange island. I lost my only weapon. It was a tiny Swiss Army pocket knife. I felt vulnerable without it. I explored the forest, to find: swamps, caves, rivers and other fascinating wonders. After a few hours (or was it a few weeks?), I found a way to get off this mysterious, creepy and dangerous island. It was a sail boat with oars, if there was no wind. I checked it out for holes, and when I found none, I dragged it to the shore (painfully, as I had to go through the forest again). And I pushed it out.

1 comment:

  1. Well, this story was full of mystery right to the end! If the character didn't know where they were, or how they got there then which way would they row? They are certainly braver than me. I liked your comments in brackets- they gave the reader an insight into what the character was thinking and feeling.There's some great description in there too- I think this could definitely be extended to make a really good short story, to answer some of those questions the reader has. Well done- good work.
    Fiona (Team 100WC)

    ReplyDelete