Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week 1 Yuina 100 Word Challenge


I was with my small brother in my house.  My parents went to see their friends, Mrs.Holly and Mr.Holly.  I really hated taking care of my brother.  Therefore, I just ignored him.  After, thinking about watching TV, I switched it on.  It didn't work.  There were no batteries.  So, I found some new batteries.
But when I put the batteries in it...    There came a sound, "Bomb!"  Suddenly, the whole room of our house went dark.  Then my brother started to cry.  I didn't know what should I do.  Should I wait for my mother and father or try to solve the problem myself?

3 comments:

  1. Hello Yuina,

    It can be very frightening when something goes wrong unexpectedly. To find yourself looking after your frightened brother when the lights went out would be scary. You made good use of the prompt. Well done. :)

    I hope you keep entering the 100WC. I was left wondering whether you decided to wait for your parents or found a solution yourself. Perhaps in a future entry we’ll learn what decision you made.

    Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuina,
    I do like the way that you have used 'short' sentences to create an anxious atmosphere in the story.
    Well done!
    Mrs T

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Yuina that was a really good 100wc!

    ReplyDelete