Saturday, November 16, 2013

100 Word Challenge Eesha Week 11

I can’t even believe myself; I woke before the sun rose! I hopped, bare footed down the stairs. On the table there were plates, glasses and eating utensils already laid out for lunch .I apologize to you, I actually woke up just in time for lunch. It was such a *hic* beautiful *hic* day. Oh no, I have the hiccups, usually if you have hiccups someone is remembering you. So who is remembering me? I wonder if the soldiers lying under the glorious carpets of blood-red poppies ask the same question.  We should never need to have the hiccups to remember them…

2 comments:

  1. Eesha, what a clever idea to use 'hiccups' as a link to remembering the soldiers that gave their lives for us. Well done for using the technique of grouping the subjects before the verb.
    Keep writing.
    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with this week's prompt, Eesha. I'd never heard that idea about hiccups and remembering before, I had to google it!
    Mrs Maclean, Team 100WC

    ReplyDelete