Saturday, November 16, 2013

100 Word Challenge Sara Week 11

“Ok mum bye I’m leaving “I said getting in to the car. We drove past the fruit shop past the park out of the village. Through the fields which covered most of the county.  It was only a half-hour drive but it seems like a good deal longer.  When we arrived at the horse club Stephanie and Lucy were already there brushing their horses. 
The entire group acquired their horses and trotted off into the woods. Till we got the poppies field where suddenly I saw … an army truck… and remembered the soldiers that had fought here for our country.


2 comments:

  1. Sara, I think that this is a very moving piece of prose. You have managed to combine an ordinary scene from daily life with a dramatic period in the history of Britain but the use of 'an army truck'.
    Well done.
    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I really enjoyed the way you ended it!!!

    ReplyDelete