Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 9 Swarna 100 Word Challenge

The violent storm was terrible.  It blew down all the houses in the village. Everyone was poor. Everyone lived in the streets with no food; they lived with sickness, everyone except - the landlord.  The landlord was a miser; he wouldn't pay his taxes!

He had slaves and of course, he wouldn't pay their wages. He didn't have any generosity in his heart; he was cruel to poor beggars.

One day, a theft happened in the landlord's villa. He was shocked and rushed to the King. The King said, "sorry, but I don't have any money now!" The landlord was speechless.  Now, he's an honest man.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Swarna - well done with this 100WC. I really like the story you've written, I'm glad the landlord turned into an honest man eventually. You've used some really powerful phrases; I especially like 'he didn't have any generosity in his heart' as it's clever to say what he didn't have rather than what he had. Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swarna, I really enjoyed you story.... I would not like to be the people on the street!!! Awesome story!!!

    ReplyDelete