Saturday, November 16, 2013

100 Word Challenge Kalzang Week 11

Remembering

“I found myself laying on a field of flamboyant poppies; traumatized by the sound of war, the screeching of the bullets soaring out of the atrocious guns, held by comrades that had once been peaceful and calm as the soft wind breeze. I laid there utterly still, picturing what had once been a soothed part of me.”

“The guns, the bullets’ cartridges and the swords were scattered on the grass moistened by gore, most of our soldiers lifeless on the floor. It was a real relief when we heard that the war had ceased: awaited peace was back again!”

2 comments:

  1. Goodness me, Kalzang, this work is deeply evocative of the agonies of war. I was particularly impressed with the phrase 'moistened by gore'.
    Well done.
    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story Kalzang!!! I really like the vocabulary you used!!!

    ReplyDelete