Saturday, May 11, 2013

100 Word Challenge Divij


It had been a while since I broke my arm… 3 years in fact. I remember the time when it happened… I was on my bike riding unbelievably quickly and then precipitously a rugby ball shattered my front wheel! The bike broke its front wheel and I broke my arm. Since that day on, although the doctors said it had healed up, my arm wasn’t the same as before. Suddenly the pain in my arm was back for the first time in 9 months. I grabbed my arm and had a look at it… it was bright purple.

2 comments:

  1. What happened, why is the pain back? You give the reader so much information about how your arm was broken and then, in contrast, do not tell him why it is now bright purple... So now, of course, the reader wants to read on, which is exactly what every author is trying to achieve - and you have!

    Brilliant style, Divij.

    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I'm eager to know what happened next. Beautifully put together and wonderful use of vocabulary: precipitously, shattered etc. I also quite like the plot of the story.

    Keep up the brilliant work!

    Mitu Shah

    ReplyDelete