Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BISB 100 Word Challenge Driti

The Sun came out?
Unfortunately, it was raining much too heavily to even step outside. The raindrops banged against the ground, forming a harsh sound. The rain hadn’t abated for 5 hours.
I was overjoyed when finally the sun came out!! And with it, a magnificent rainbow appeared, stretching out over the country. Many people say that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and I was determined to find it. I set off, building hope upon hope.

However, my dreams were shattered when I heard my mum. I found myself sitting up in bed, looking at the evanescent beauty of the sunrise.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful descriptive piece of writing. I love all the adventurous vocabulary you have used here such as 'abated' and 'evanescent' . You do wake up and it is a dream but in this case, this idea works well. Thank you, I really enjoyed reading this excellent work.
    Mrs Prior - Team 100WC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of vocabulary is outstanding. I particularly liked the phrase 'Many people say' - a very useful sentence opener to have in one's writing tool box!

    It is always a joy to read your work.

    Mrs T,

    ReplyDelete