Thursday, May 2, 2013

BISB 100 Word Challenge Divij


Die in war
I was about to go into my very first (and most likely last) battle. People everywhere sought after getting a place in the army to help serve their country just after world war two broke out. I was one of the first ones to get a place. I was in Belgium trying to repel the Germans off our great land. The noise was deafening and for a moment I thought I was deaf but sound came back to me in a minute or two. Just then a bullet struck me in the chest and I knew that I was finished. 

2 comments:

  1. What a sad story but beautifully written! A good idea to set your story in a specific point in History. Excellent use of the prompt and a dramatic ending too! Jane Team 100wc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divij, this is truly moving piece of writing; I am impressed that you chose to tackle such a challenging topic. You have managed to recreate the atmosphere of the battle field so vividly using only 100 words!

    Well done.

    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete