Saturday, October 19, 2013

Week 7 100 Word Challenge Swarna

Slowly the sky got darker...I'm running now, all by myself, so it's kind of creepy if you were me! I had to attend a party, at my house and I'm late!

Phew at last, there is my house! But hey, where's my house? This is the street I live in, but, my house is not here!  Then I suddenly heard a cacophony on the night air ... and I realised it was the howling of wolves.
But then, somewhere out of the blue, somebody grabbed me and shoved me into the car. Suddenly, I realised, I was in the world of darkness!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Swarna,

    What a frightening experience you have shared. Being late and arriving home only to find it not there would be disturbing in itself but the canine cacophony of howling in the night air would make the world seem all more frightening. Being taken on such a night would make the world seem a very dark place. Well done! :)

    I can see the care you taken with spelling and punctuation. Together with your ability to build tension, I hope you continue to enter the 100WC. I suspect you have many stories to share, perhaps even what happened after your kidnap.

    Have you taken the opportunity to visit the entries of students from other schools? It is interesting to see how others have approached the prompt. Don’t forget to leave them a comment if you do visit. :)

    Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a story! I enjoyed this short story. You did a great job using words like cacophony. Be careful with your use of punctuation. It can be helpful to read your story aloud, and wherever you pause naturally, you need a comma or a period. That's something I often do when I'm writing.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete