Saturday, February 15, 2014

100 Word Challenge Eesha

Snowstorms have ruined it all. I was listening to the radio when I heard the man blabber away, “Snowstorms and blizzards will be occurring whenever they like these 3 months. Therefore it is dangerous to even step outside the house. You have to do all your grocery now (for 3 months). What will we do? “Will school and offices shut down?” continued the man on the radio. Meetings were held across the country to find an answer. My family was congested in front of the radio, flabbergasted. Everybody started carping. “IT’S THE END OF ME!” I squealed. I will not be able to stand the groaning of my family for 3 months!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea, I enjoyed your story. Being stuck inside during a snowstorm is fun at first but it does get old quickly. Great story, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Eesha for this thrilling piece of writing! I am so pleased that you are taking the time to find more adventurous vocabulary: congested, flabbergasted and blabber. I know how you feel about listening to people groaning!
    Keep up the good work.
    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol Team 100WC NewcastleFebruary 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM

    Hello Eesha, I enjoyed reading this challenge very much. I loved your simple choice of opening sentence, it sets the scene perfectly and leads the reader straight into your story. I also loved the final moment, when despite all the drama of the snowstorms and their effects, your character is most worried about managing long term close contact with their family! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete