Monday, February 24, 2014

100 Word Challenge Eesha

A forest full of pessimism, there were things that crept out of the dark. I am right now in a dark, tangled maze of tunnels and secret paths. I perceived an abandoned tree house and was on my way to reach it.

 But the fog crept up on the tree house like a ghostly serpent; it slid along the windows, flicked its tongue into the corners of the tree house, waited a moment and then slipped back along the path. The tree house was surrounded by rotting leaves and dead branches. You couldn’t tell one part of the forest from the other! “It’s impossible to reach there” I muttered.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! A HORROR STORY!
    (I like the way it all seems so remote)
    It's simple but complicated at the same time.
    I quite like the idea of a foggy ghostly serpent, it's original.
    I can see how you got to this place or forest with the photo.
    It was a hard one this time...
    I think you could calibrate the ending a bit though...
    Really great!

    Gabriel

    ReplyDelete