Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BISB 100 Word Challenge Tisya




“Time to sleep. Stop reading the Roald Dahl book”, Mom intoned. I switched the light off and fell asleep.

   I was with my grandpa in a small expedition through a chocolate factory. I saw Mr. Wonka from the book Charlie and the chocolate factory. Whoa! I’m in the chocolate factory. I looked around and saw all the kids from the book except Charlie. I realized I was basically sucked into the book for the night. Looking at all the chocolate made me feel like I needed it. Suddenly Augustus Gloop pushed me into the chocolate river. All I knew was my extra choco journey started.  

2 comments:

  1. Tisya, how clever to use Roald Dahl as a source for your story. I wonder how many other children have been 'sucked' into this book. I would love to hear more about the 'extra choco journey'.

    Keep up the good work.

    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tisya - I agree with Mrs T, great use of the book! There's a whole series of books written for adults by Jasper Fforde in which a real person 'reads her way into books' - you might like to check them out with Mrs T?
    I love your use of intoned and expedition - super choice.

    Keep up the superb effort!

    Andrew
    Team 100wc

    ReplyDelete