Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ishika 100 Word Challenge BISB Week 23


The Loner

The city centre was circled by wide motorways carrying streams of traffic belching out fumes, but never moving fast. I unwillingly forced my body to walk through the jammed streets of New York. I hated this place. I knew what to expect when the front door opened, my horrendous stepmother yelling at me to take a bath. I stared at the neighbours snobbish orange cat. It seemed to be annoyed and caterwauled in reply. Something mysterious was going on in this dismayed place. No one talked or even smiled at me. I felt completely separated from this world.

1 comment:

  1. Ishika, this piece of writing is very atmospheric-I felt as if I was reading a passage from 'thriller' novel. Outstanding vocabulary. Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete