Friday, September 20, 2013

100 Word Challenge Gabriel

A tale of two headlights


I was walking down 5th Avenue, afraid the man was still following me.
I saw a silhouette crawling along an alleyway.
I slipped into a clothes trolley, hiding behind some dresses, to see a tall man with a moustache walk out.
Phew!
I popped into a boutique and watched out the window.
Nothing.
And then I saw a bright light.
A truck with darkened windows came crashing down the road,
Heading straight for the shop!
Behind the dark glass, I could see the smile.
The one I would give anything to get rid of.

And then it went black.          

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful feeling of suspense in this story. Very well written Gabriel! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such talent, Gabriel! I really liked the idea of a 'silhouette crawling along an alleyway'.
    Super work.

    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful writing!!! And congratulations for being showcased!

    ReplyDelete