Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 4 100 Word Challenge Swarna

I was running down the 5th avenue when suddenly I passed this sculpture.
It was no ordinary sculpture.
It had a face on a pot, which seemed like biting its own teeth.
Next were the eyes, as if there is a bowl with ashes in the middle.
But there is something fishy.
Legs! There were legs sticking out of the pot!
The next thing I knew, the pot grabbed me out of my wits.
Oh no!
I should have read that board, which said in big bold letters,
‘Strictly Forbidden’
It’s useless.
There is nothing I can do now.
Bye!


2 comments:

  1. Swarna, I am pleased to see that you have been seeking inspiration from other 100 Word Challengers. That is why it is important to read widely.
    Great work.
    Mrs T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really good build-up to the story here, Swarna, and I love the description of the face on the pot. The end, where you causally say goodbye as you are swallowed made me smile!

    ReplyDelete